BAS Mold Removal New York
Contact us for any Mold Related Issues at (212) 729-3051
Mold is a term used to refer to fungi that grow in the form of multicellular thread-like structures called hyphae. Fungi that exist as single cells are called yeasts. Some molds and yeasts cause disease or food spoilage, others play an important role in biodegradation or in the production of various foods, beverages, antibiotics and enzymes.
Mold is also found in damp building materials where it often appears like stains and comes in a variety of colours. A must smell is an indication of microbial growth even when there is no visible growth. If mold is allowed to grow in homes or offices it can contribute to poor indoor air quality.
Mold growth requires moisture. The sources of moisture could be Washing, cooking, air humidifiers, condensation or leaks from plumbing or from the outside. Poor ventilation contributes to higher humidity levels and leads to condensation, which also allows mold growth.
Molds release small “spores” into the air. So, when mold grows indoors, the number of mold spores and fragments is usually higher indoors than it is outdoors. These spores are small enough that people can actually inhale them deep into the lungs. Inhalation of spores poses risk of developing respiratory problems. With the exception of winter months mold spores are always present outdoors.
SHOULD I CALL A SPECIALIST TO REMOVE MOLD?
The answer is YES.
- Immediate Response – We provide 24-hour damage restoration services. Your call will be answered by a live person.
- Moisture Detection – Professional Cleaning Solutions uncovers unseen moisture in floors and walls so we can present further mold problems down the road.
- Comprehensive Services – Every part of your mold removal needs are handled from inspection to testing, removing odors and mold remediation.
- Insurance Accepted – On your behalf, we work with your insurance company. We also offer flexible and convenient payment options.
- Professional Training – BAS Mold technicians have years of hands-on experience. We’ve handled mold problems like you are experiencing before.